The objectives of the module 2 "International trade" of the Master in International Business are to understand ...
- The nature of exporting and the difficulties that may arise. Learn about Import export transactions, the difficulties with them and how to overcome these difficulties.
- The different types of documents used in International trade, which documents are usually required
by customs, the requirements for various documents and how to fill in these documents correctly.
- The responsibilities of the exporter and Importer under Incoterms 2010 and how Incoterms are used in International trade transactions.
- The role and functioning of customs and the role of a customs agent.
To become familiar with import procedures.
- The different customs procedures, methods of products classification and learn to complete the Customs documents. To understand the role of the World Customs Organization (WCO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- The importance of correct logistics and transport management
for International trade.
- To analyze the modes of transport (marine, air, road, train, multimodal) and their characteristics as well
as the transport documents required for each mode of transport and how to complete them.
- To understand the functioning of marine transport, documents required for sea freight and how to complete them.
- Familiarizing the student with different types of packaging, packaging materials, the use of pallets and containers, packing marks, modes of transport and packaging, and the criteria to be used when selecting an
appropriate packaging for particular shipments.
- The various methods of payments used in International trade and outlining their differences, advantages and
disadvantages both for the importer and the exporter. What Documentary collections are and how they work. Export and Import Collections will be analyzed. The importance of
Documentary credits in International trade. How a Documentary credit works and the obligations of the parties involved
- The various methods of finance both for exports and imports.
The fundamentals of foreign exchange markets. The different types of bonds and guarantees and how they operate. The different methods of managing exchange and country risk. Forward exchange contracts and currency options will be examined in greater detail. Forfaiting, Factoring and Invoice Discounting
will be analyzed. o learn about different types of international bonds and guarantees and how they operate.
- With international contracts as they are used in International trade transactions.
- How to set up and run an Export department.