Learning unit: Import export documents. Syllabus:
- Import export documents. Documentation in International trade.
- Documents of origin (Certificate of origin)
- Commercial documents (Proforma, Invoice, Packing List...).
- Transport documents.
- Administrative documents.
- Other documents.
- Case study: Exporting fish to Angola.
The main objectives of this learning unit are to learn about different types
of documents used in Foreign trade (import and export), which documents are usually required
by customs, the requirements for various documents and how
to fill in these documents correctly.
In this unit you will: learn about the various types of documents used in
This will be achieved by:
- Analyzing the various classifications and requirements of export documents.
- Learning what functions export documents perform.
- Learning the different types of documents of origin that evidence the origin of products.
- Analyzing the various commercial and administrative documents.
- Examining other documents that may be required in International business transactions.
Learning unit summary (Import export documents)
Most International trade transactions require some transport documents, administrative documents, commercial documents and
There are a great variety of documents that may need to be
produced to complete export/import transactions; some estimates indicate 200 different documents are used in
However, in most export transactions, only a few certain documents are used (invoice, packing list and transport document.).