The objectives of the module 3 "Global Marketing" of the Master in International Business (Foreign trade, International Marketing and Internationalization) MIB Executive are ...
- To learn about the key concepts in
international marketing. We will
analyze the purpose of international marketing, explore the concepts of price and
value to the customer, examine the marketing
mix in the context of Export marketing and discuss the key elements of an export
- To understand the key tools and concepts of International market research and how best to apply them. A PEST analysis
is an analysis of the external macro-environment that affects all firms.
- To learn the key areas of international product policy, the importance of adapting your product to local requirements when
entering new export markets and to analyze the product characteristics that typically need to be modified for
- To understand the importance
of an appropriate International Pricing
Strategy when entering new export markets. To examine the pricing options available to the exporter and
outline the criteria to be used when establishing a pricing strategy. The criteria defined in
- To learn the importance of an appropriate International Promotion Strategy when entering new export markets, examine the promotion options
available to the exporter, outline the key points to note when designing a Company brochure and
analyze the tools available when implementing a promotion
- To understand the influence of a country's international brand on
its export performance.
To understand the fundamentals of International trade fair preparation and
attendance and it's related follow-up activity.
To understand how to plan and prepare a business trip to a
prospective Export market and the follow-up which will then be required.
- To learn the importance planning an appropriate International Distribution Strategy when entering new export markets, examine the distribution options available to the exporter, outline the criteria to be used
when selecting a distribution option and analyze strategies which can be
implemented for consumer and/or industrial products.
- To know the channel options that may be used when
entering new export markets. We are going to examine the direct and indirect export channels open to the exporter, analyze the functions of importers and
representatives, discuss the use of company personnel and
sales or production
subsidiaries as well as explore franchising, licensing and other channels.
- The process of evaluating, recruiting and managing international sales
representatives and the mechanism involved in selling into department stores and
- To understand the importance of international segmentation in our strategies of marketing and internationalization. To know the Targeting strategies: Concentrated, Differentiated, Product specialization,
Market specialization, Full market coverage ...
- To know the main brand strategies: global, regional or local. To
understand the process of creating brand value in the global markets.
- To know the strategies of positioning a brand in International markets.