Orji Uzor Kalu (Nigerian Businessperson)
EENI - Business School.
MON Dr Orji Uzor Kalu (Nigeria. Businessperson and Philanthropist). Syllabus:
- Orji Uzor Kalu: Nigerian Christian Businessperson
- The Nigerian conglomerate Holding SLOK
- The Orji Kalu Foundation
Sample of the Sub-subject: Orji Uzor Kalu (Nigeria)
Sub-Subject Description: Orji Uzor Kalu (Nigerian Businessperson):
- The Nigerian businessperson and philanthropist Dr Orji Uzor Kalu was born in Abia State (Nigeria)
- Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu is the Chairperson of SLOK
Holding and two Nigerian newspaper (Daily
Sun and New Telegraph).
- Today the SLOK Group is present in USA, Ghana, Togo, Guinea, Korea, Liberia, Botswana, the
Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sierra Leona, or the Gambia.
- In 1987, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu (27 years) became Chairperson of the Cooperative and Commerce Bank (Nigeria)
- Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu was the former governor of Abia State (1999 to 2007).
- Orji Uzor Kalu is a member of the Order of the Niger (MON)
Dr Orji Uzor Kalu has not made public his religious affiliation, but it seems to be Christian.
He is Igbo, and the majority of the Igbo people are Christian. In recent speech for the celebration of Eid - El Kabir (Muslim celebration); he said:
“I join our Muslim brothers.I am greeting all
Nigerian religious and spiritual leaders who have contributed to peacefully co-existence among religions.”
- The foundation created by Orji Kalu is giving
scholarships in Nigeria, and working for the improvement of Nigerian
people, by ex the anti-malaria programme.
Orji Uzor Kalu is an African Businessperson of the West African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.