Sub-subject: Tony Elumelu (Nigerian Banker, Businessperson, and Philanthropist). Syllabus:
- The concept of African capitalism developed by Tony Elumelu
- The United Bank for Africa
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation
Sample of the Sub-subject: Tony Elumelu (Nigeria)
Sub-Subject Description: Tony Elumelu (Nigerian Businessperson):
- The Nigerian Businessperson, Philanthropist, and Economist Tony Elumelu was born in 1963 (Jos-
- Mr Elemulu is one of the twenty most African powerful (2012) (Forbes)
- Tony Elumelu has developed the concept of “Afrocapitalism”: the African private sector can transform the African Continent investing in strategic sectors.
“The development of Africa is my personal
mission. African people must take his duty for the African Development.” Tony Elumelu
- Tony Elumelu is the Chairperson of the investment firm “Heir Holdings,” the UBA Group and Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp) (the largest conglomerate in Nigeria
listed on the Stock Exchange).
- UBA Group (United Bank for Africa), a pan-African Bank
operates in twenty African countries. The United Bank for Africa has branches in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Burkina Faso
- Tony Elumelu is also a member of the Global Advisory Board of the Sustainable Energy for All (United Nations) and Vice Chairperson of the National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria
- Tony Elumelu holds the title of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (2003)
- In 2006, was nominated as the African Business Leader of the year (Africa Investor magazine).
- In 2010, he founded the Tony Elumelu Foundation with the aim to support the African private sector and entrepreneurship under the vision of a “pan-African institutional philanthropy.”
Tony Elumelu is an African Businessperson of the West African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.