Sub-subject - Abdulsamad Rabiu (Nigerian Businessman and Philanthropist). Syllabus:
- The Nigerian Muslim Businessman Abdulsamad Rabiu
- The Nigerian Bank of Industry
- The conglomerate of companies BUA
Sample of the Sub-subject: Abdulsamad Rabiu (Nigeria)
Sub-Subject Description: Abdulsamad Rabiu (Nigerian Businessman):
- The Nigerian Banker and Businessman, Mr Abdulsamad Rabiu was born in the State of Kano (North of Nigeria) in 1960.
- He is the Director of the BUA Group of companies and the Chairperson of the Bank of Industry (one of the oldest Nigerian banks).
- BUA Group of companies is a Nigerian conglomerate working in several sectors: petrol and gas, cement (Cement Company of Northern Nigeria), sugar (second-largest refinery of sugar in Africa), shipping, property (real estate)
- The group was created by Mr Abdulsamad Rabiu in 1988 as Import-Export company
- The Bua Group has a refinery in the Port of Lagos
- Mr Abdulsamad Rabiu is one of the richest business people in Nigeria, with an estimated net worth of 1.2 billion dollars (Forbes).
He inherited the family group from his father, Isyaku Rabiu, a prominent Nigerian Businessman arrested by the Nigerian Government.
- He earns a Bachelor Degree in Economics (Capital University, Colombus - The United States)
- Commander of the Order of the Niger
- Mr Abdulsamad Rabiu is Muslim.
- Mr Abdul Samad Rabiu, as a good Muslim; he devotes significant resources to philanthropy through the BUA Foundation, recently the Foundation donate funds for the creation of the Centre for Islamic Studies.
- Abdul Samad Rabiu is an African Businessman of the West African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.