Learning unit: Export department. Syllabus:
- The export department.
- Set up and run.
- Functions, goals and organization of the export department.
- Director of international business, export manager, country area manager.
- Case study:
- Analysis of the difference between the departments of export in Spain and Latin America.
- The assignment of sales areas in the international department.
- Director of International
Business and Global Ethics
In this learning unit you will learn how to set up and run an export
department. We will also discuss the functions and goals of the export
This will be achieved by:
- Examining the characteristics of an export manager.
- Outlining the most important functions of an Export department.
- Analyzing the goals of the export department and how to benchmark them.
- Detailing how to best support the work of the export department.
Learning unit summary (Export department)
Every company wishing to consolidate its export activity has to create its
own Foreign trade department so it can handle the different tasks that enable
its continued presence in international markets.
As sales are solely the result
marketing policy, the export department might be
described as an instrument that carries out all the tasks generated by
International marketing policies of the company.
The export department has very
definite goals: to perform all tasks related to international sales.
Upon analyzing the export activities of the companies that have experienced
stable growth in their exports, one observes that, historically, their International contacts started out sporadically and only later started to
That was when they made the decision to expand their the international trading staff to penetrate other markets to a greater extent and