Ports of Nigeria
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Ports of Nigeria (Lagos, Apapa, Port Harcourt, Onne, Rivers Port, Tin Can Island)
- The Nigerian Ports Authority
- Port of Lagos
- Apapa Port
- Port of Port Harcourt
- Calabar Port Complex
- Onne Port Complex
- Rivers Port Complex
- Can Island Port Complex
- Delta Ports Complex
Sample of the Sub-subject: Nigerian ports:
Sub-Subject Description: Nigerian ports.
The Lagos Port Complex (Port of Lagos)
- South West Nigeria (Atlantic Coast) - West Africa
- Private Terminal Operators
- Port of Lagos is one of the largest African ports
- The largest Container Terminal: Apapa, owned by A. P. Moller-Maersk
- Bua Group (Abdulsamad Rabiu) has a refinery in the Port of Lagos
- The Folawiyo Towers are in the Port of Lagos.
- Main cities near the Port of Lagos:
- Nigeria: Abeokuta, Ibadan, Osogbo, Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Shaki, Igboho, and Kishi.
- Benin: Cotonou and Porto-Novo.
The Onne Port Complex
- The Onne Port Complex is the largest petrol and gas free zone in the World
- The Bonny River Estuary
- Hub for West and Central Africa
- Access to Onisha, Nnewi, and Aba
- 65% of the Nigerian export cargo
The Rivers Port Complex:
- Includes: Port Harcourt Port, Okrika Refined Petroleum, Kidney Island.
- Located in the Rivers State (Port Harcourt)
- One of the best Nigerian ports.
- Port Harcourt is the centre of the Nigerian Petroleum industry.
- Main cities near the Rivers Port Complex: Ataba, Port Harcourt, Elele, Emohia, Aba, Eberi, Ikot Epene, Omoku, Ihiagwa, OWerri, Umuahia, and Akabo.
The Tin Can Island Port Complex
- Created in 1997
- Ro-ro terminal
- Private Terminal Operators since 2006
The Calabar Port Complex
- Petrol and gas industry
- Calabar Free Trade Zone (CFTZ)
- Access to the Northern States of Nigeria
Main cities near the Calabar Port Complex: Calabar, Oron, Ikot Ekpene, Aba, Uyo, Enugu, Ikom, Abakaliki, Afikpo, Nsukka, Otukp, Ogoja, and Makurdi.
The Delta Ports Complex
- Access to several Nigerian states: Benue, Anambra, Ondo, Imo, Kogi, Enugu, Delta, and Edo.
- Maybe is the “Port of the Future” in Nigeria.
- Main body: the Nigerian Ports Authority.
Trans-African Highways (Transport corridors).
- Dakar-Lagos corridor
- Algiers-Lagos corridor
- Lagos-Mombasa Corridor
- Trans-Sahelian Highway
Maritime Transport in Africa - West African ports