Subject (Course): Maritime Transport in Africa. African ports. Syllabus:
1- Introduction to Maritime Transport in Africa (0.2 ECTS).
- Revised African maritime transport charter
- Durban Resolution on Maritime Safety, Maritime Security and Protection of the Marine Environment in Africa
2- Largest African ports.
3-Maghrebian Ports (0.6 ECTS)
- Port of Casablanca (Morocco)
- Tunisian Ports
- Port of Algiers and Port of Oran (Algeria)
4- Egyptian ports
- Port Said and Port of Alexandria
- Suez Canal
5- West African ports (0.5 ECTS)
- Port of Abidjan (Ivory Coast)
- Ports of Tema and Takoradi (Ghana)
- Port of Lagos (Nigeria)
- Port of Dakar (Senegal)
- Port of Lomé (Togo)
- Port of Cotonou (Benin)
- Maritime Organisation for West and Central Africa (MOWCA)
5- Central African ports (0.5 ECTS):
- Port of Luanda and Port of Lobito (Angola)
- Port of Douala (Cameroon)
- Port of Pointe Noire (Congo)
- Ports of Gabon: Port of Libreville and Port Gentil
- Ports of Equatorial Guinea: Malabo, Bata, and Luba Freeport
- Maritime Organisation for West and Central Africa
6- East African ports (1 ECTS):
- Ports of Beira, Nacala and Maputo (Mozambique)
- Port of Djibouti
- Port of Mombasa (Kenya)
- Port Sudan (Sudan)
- Port of Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
- Ports of Madagascar
7- Southern African ports (0.2 ECTS):
- Port of Durban (South Africa)
- Other South African ports: Richards Bay, East London, Ngqura, Port Elizabeth, Mossel Bay, Cape Town, Saldanha
- Port of Walvis Bay (Namibia)
Sample of the subject - Maritime Transport in Africa:
African Business and Economy
Economic Area of the African Civilisation.
Subject Description: Maritime Transport in Africa.
Foreign trade traffic through Africans ports has tripled in the last decade.
Maritime Transport in Africa.
- Deregulation of the ports
- In general, high port tariffs. The increase of logistics costs.
- Many African ports are inadequately equipped to handle containers
- Lack of integrated road and rail links
- Bottlenecks in many African ports.
- The need for investments and institutional reforms. Chinese investments.
- Fastest growth in general cargo: Southern Africa
- Fastest growth in container traffic: West Africa
- The largest African port: Port of Durban
- The importance of the African corridors for landlocked countries.
❮ Samples - Maritime Transport in Africa ❯