Islam in Asia
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Islam in Asia.
Asian Muslims Businesspeople. Syllabus:
1- Introduction to Islam in Asia.
2- Islam in India
- Azim Premji
- Yusuf Hamied
3- Islam in Bangladesh. Bangladeshi Muslims
- Muhammad Yunus (Grameen Bank)
- Jahurul Islam
- Samson H Chowdhury
- Salman F Rahman
4- Islam in Iran.
- Islamic Revolutionary Guard.
- Iranian Muslims Businesspeople.
5- Islam in Pakistan -
Pakistani Muslims Businesspeople.
- Shahid Khan
- Mian Muhammad Mansha
- Dewan Farooqui.
6- Islam in Central Asia
- Islam in Afghanistan, China, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Muslims Businesspeople of Central Asia.
7- Islam in the ASEAN Region.
- Islam in Indonesia, Malaysia,
- The ASEAN Muslim Businessperson.
- Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno (Indonesia)
- Tan Sri Mokhtar (Malaysia)
- Case Study: Religious diversity in the ASEAN region: Strength or threat?
Sample of the Sub-subject: Islam in Asia
Religions and International Business
- Islamic Civilization
Sub-Subject Description - Islam in Asia:
- Islam is the principal religion in Asia (25% of the Asian population), followed by
- Approximately the total number of Muslims in Asia in 2010
was 1,100 millions of people, 62% of the world’s Muslims live
- Indonesia, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, are the four countries with the largest
Muslim populations in the World.
- In Southeast Asia region (ASEAN), Islam is also
the largest religion: 240 millions of Muslims (42% of the population).
Malaysia, and Brunei are Muslim countries in Southeast Asia.
- In Malaysia and Brunei, Islam is the official religion, while in Indonesia Islam is the official religion along with five others.
- The vast majority
of Muslims in the ASEAN region belongs to the Sunni Islam, the largest school of Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh)
is the Shafi.
- Islam penetrated in this region from the 9th century and is spread mainly