Sub-subject: Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (Indian Businessperson.
- Khwaja Yusuf Hamied (Indian Muslim Businessperson)
- CIPLA (Pharmaceutical company)
- The role of Dr Yusuf Khwaja Hamied in the global struggle against AIDS
Sample of the Sub-subject: Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (India)
Sub-Subject Description (Yusuf Khwaja Hamied Indian Muslim
“I do not want to make money with these diseases causing so much damage to the society” Dr Hamied.
- Dr. Yusuf. K. Hamied is a philanthropist and businessperson.
- Yusuf Khwaja Hamied is the Chairperson of CIPLA, a generic
Company with a high social conscience founded in 1935 by his father.
- He is Sunni Muslim.
- CIPLA is leading a global health revolution saving the lives of millions of people without resources from around the world.
- Dr Y.K. Hamied has been primarily responsible for the introduction of more than thirty affordable generic drugs.
- He is considered the pioneer of generic pharmaceuticals in the India and the pioneer in the global
struggle against HIV and AIDS reducing the international cost of these drugs.
- Thanks to Dr Hamied, today more than 6 millions of people in developing countries now
receive treatment against HIV and AIDS
- Today, CIPLA is one of the World's largest generic pharmaceutical
companies with more than 2,000 products and thirty-five manufacturing facilities.
The headquarters are in Mumbai.
- He and his wife manage the “Yusuf and Farida Hamied Foundation”
to develop philanthropic activities.
- Dr Yusuf. K. Hamied founded CIPLA in 1935 with the vision that the future independent India should be self-sufficient in healthcare. I
- In 1939, the visit of Mahatma Gandhi to
CIPLA inspired the founder Dr KA Hamied.
- Again we see this innate capability of India towards religious tolerance. A
Hinduism spiritual leader inspires a Muslim Businessperson.
The Indian Businessperson Yusuf. K. Hamied belongs to the economic
area of the Hindu Civilisation
Islam in India - Muslim Businessperson.