Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (Islam, India)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (Indian Businessperson.
- Khwaja Yusuf Hamied (Indian Muslim Businessperson)
- CIPLA (Pharmaceutical company)
- The role of Dr. Yusuf Khwaja Hamied in the global struggle against AIDS
Sample of the Sub-subject: Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (India)
Sub-Subject Description (Yusuf Khwaja Hamied Indian Muslim
"I do not want to make money with these diseases
causing so much damage to the society" Dr. Hamied.
- Dr. Yusuf. K. Hamied is a philanthropist and businessperson.
- Yusuf Khwaja Hamied is the Chairperson of CIPLA, a generic
Company with a high social conscience founded in 1935 by his father.
- He is Sunni Muslim.
- CIPLA is leading a global health revolution saving the lives of millions
of people without resources from around the world.
- Dr. Y.K. Hamied has been primarily responsible for the introduction of more
than thirty affordable generic drugs.
- He is considered the pioneer of generic pharmaceuticals in the India and the pioneer in the
struggle against HIV and AIDS reducing the international cost of these drugs.
to Dr. Hamied, today more than 6 millions of people in developing countries now
receive treatment against HIV and AIDS
- Today, CIPLA is one of the World's largest generic pharmaceutical
companies with more than 2,000 products and thirty-five manufacturing facilities.
The headquarters are in Mumbai.
- He and his wife manage the "Yusuf and Farida Hamied Foundation"
to develop philanthropic activities.
- Dr. Yusuf. K. Hamied founded CIPLA in 1935 with the vision that the future
independent India should be self-sufficient in healthcare. I
- n 1939, the visit of Mahatma Gandhi to
CIPLA inspired the founder Dr. KA Hamied.
- Again we
see this innate capability of India towards religious tolerance. A
Hinduism spiritual leader inspires a Muslim Businessperson.
The Indian Businessperson Yusuf. K. Hamied
belongs to the economic
area of the Hindu Civilization
Islam in India - Muslim Businessperson.