Islam in India
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Islam in India.
Indian Muslims Businesspeople. Syllabus:
- Islam in India
- Case Study: Muslims Businesspeople of India
- Azim Premji
- Yusuf Khwaja Hamied
- Influence of Islam in the economic
area of the Hindu Civilization
Sample of the Sub-subject: Islam in India
Sub-Subject Description - Islam in India:
Islam is the second religion of the Republic of India, behind
the Hinduism, according to the census, there are between 130 and 172 millions of Muslims, approximately 13.4% of the Indian population.
- After Indonesia (204 million) and
Pakistan (178 million) India is the country with the largest number of Muslims (about 10% of the World's
- In 1951 there were 35.856.047 Muslims (9.93% of India's total
population). In 2011, 172 millions of Muslims (14.23% of the population).
- Muslims are the majority in Lakshadweep and Jammu and the Kashmir States.
- About 47% of all Indian Muslims lives in Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, and Bihar.
- The majority of Muslims in India are Barelvi Sunnis.
- School of Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh):
- With elements of Islam and Hinduism arose the Sikh religion.
Indian Muslims are prominent businesspeople.
- 1.Muslims have founded some of the largest companies in India (Wipro, Cipla).
lists two Indian Muslim billionaires: Yusuf Hamied and Azim Premji.
Three Presidents of the Republic of India have been Muslim.
Some of the actors and actresses most popular and influential of the Bollywood film industry based in Mumbai are Muslims: Yusuf Khan (Dilip
Kumar), Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Madhubala.
Religions and Global Trade - Hindus Businessperson - Islam in Asia
- Islamic Civilization