Doing Business in Maharashtra Mumbai
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Business in Maharashtra - Mumbai - Pune (India). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the State of Maharashtra (India).
- The Economy of Maharashtra
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Maharashtra
- Business Conglomerates.
- Doing Business in Mumbai: the financial capital of India.
- Indian Film Industry (Bollywood).
- Case Study: YRF (Yash Raj Films) Studios.
- Navi Mumbai: the largest planned city in the World.
- Doing Business in Pune.
Businessperson and Companies in Maharashtra (economic
area of the Hindu Civilization).
- Reliance Group (Shri Mukesh Ambani)
- Aditya Birla Group
- Godrej Group
- Bhavarlal Hiralal Jain (Jain Irrigation Systems)
- Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla
- Tata Group
- Ajit Gulabchand (HCC)
- Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (CIPLA).
- Hinduja Group
- Larsen Toubro.
- Essar Group.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Doing Business in Maharashtra - Mumbai - Pune (India):
Sub-Subject Description: Foreign Trade and Business in Maharashtra - Mumbai - Pune (India).
Maharashtra is the third biggest state in the Republic of India (regarding area and population).
Maharashtra is a leader in twenty strategic economic sectors in the Republic of India (automobiles, software, engineering,
Mumbai (economic powerhouse of India), the capital of the States of Maharashtra, is the main financial center of the Republic
- Mumbai is the richest Indian city (5% of the total
Gross domestic product, 70% of Indian maritime
- Major Indian companies (Larsen and Toubro, State Bank of India, Life Insurance Corporation, Tata Group,
or Reliance), and five of the Fortune Global 500 business are in Mumbai.
- Hindi film industry (Bollywood) is in Mumbai
- Mumbai is a key center for IT (Information Technology) related
Navi Mumbai is a Planned Satellite City located in Maharashtra, with 5,000 manufacturing units.
- Most of the software business in Maharashtra are in Navi Mumbai.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust is the main container handling Port of India
The proximity of Pune to Mumbai and accessibility of talent made it a
preferred destination for companies like
Tata Motors, Thyssen, or Hindustan Antibiotics. Pune is a reference in Information Technology and automobile hub.
Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla (Zoroastrianism)
Aditya Birla (Hinduism)
Bhavarlal Hiralal (Jainism)
Shri Mukesh D. Ambani
Yusuf Khwaja Hamied (Muslim)