Sub-subject: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (Hinduism). Biocon Group. Syllabus:
- The Hindu businesswoman Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
- The Biocon Biotechnology group
- The Biocon Foundation
Sample of the sub-subject: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (India, Hinduism)
Sub-Subject Description (Kiran Mazumdar - Hindu Businesswoman):
- Biocon, the largest biotechnology company in India, focuses on the development of innovative products at an
- Headquarters of Biocon is in Bangalore (India).
- The objective of Biocon Group is to reduce the cost of therapy of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and autoimmune diseases by leveraging
cost advantages of India to provide affordable health solutions for patients and healthcare systems worldwide.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (1953, Hinduism) is an Indian entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- She is the President and Managing Director (CEO) of Biocon Limited a biotechnology company based in Bangalore, India.
- In 2005, she was awarded the Padma Bhushan, for his pioneering efforts in biotechnology.
- Kiran Mazumdar is one of the people who are dedicating more efforts to alleviate cancer in India.
- She is one of the 100
most influential people in the World (Time Magazine).
- Mazumdar-Shaw is also a Philanthropist. In 2004, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw created the Biocon
Foundation focused on health and the environment.
- Forbes honoured Mazumdar-Shaw for his work in trying to provide cancer treatment at an affordable price, and the promise of giving
three-quarters of his fortune, estimated at 625 million dollars to charitable causes.
- Hindu businesswoman Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
belongs to the economic
area of the Hindu Civilisation
Religions and Global Trade.