Sub-subject: Bonyads. Mostazafen Foundation of the Islamic Revolution. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Bonyads (Iranian charitable organisations)
- The Mostazafan Foundation of the Islamic Revolution
- The main Iranian companies related to the Bonyads
Sample of the Sub-subject: Bonyads - Mostazafen Foundation of the Islamic Revolution
Sub-Subject Description (The Bonyads in Iran).
- The “Bonyads” are Iranian charitable organisations that play a
major role in Iran's non-petrol economy, controlling approximately
20% of Iran's GDP.
- Many critics say that they are distorting the economy receiving grants, not paying taxes, generate corruption
- The Bonyads were created by
the Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
- Today, there are over hundred Bonyads involved in any sector of the economy (cotton, tourism, soft drinks or shipping companies).
- The most important, the “Bonyad-e Mostazafen va Janbazan,” controls 20% of the production of textiles, 40% of the soft drinks, 66% of glass products, tiles, chemicals
- Almost all cities in Iran have its Bonyad, affiliated with local mullahs.
- The Mostazafen Foundation of the Islamic Revolution, formerly “Bonyad-e Mostazafen going Janbazan” is the largest Iranian organisation of social assistance, a semi-public foundation originally founded in 1979
with the nationalisation of the assets of the family of the last Shah, who operates a wide variety of charitable activities.
- The Mostazafen Foundation of the Islamic Revolution allocates fifty percent of its profits to the provision of aid to the needy. With
more than 200,000 employees, the Foundation controls more than 350
affiliated companies, like Zamzam-Cola.
- The foundation also controls large engineering projects.
- The Mostazafen Foundation of the Islamic Revolution belongs to the Central Eurasian Economic Area of the Islamic Civilisation.
Religion and business - Islam - Islam in Asia - Islamic Revolutionary Guard - Muslim Business