Salman F Rahman. Muslim Businessperson
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Salman F Rahman (Bangladesh, Beximco Group).
- Salman F Rahman (Bangladeshi Muslim Businessperson)
- The Bangladeshi business conglomerate of the foreign trade Group Beximco
Salman F Rahman (Bangladesh - Beximco Group)
Sub-Subject Description: Salman F Rahman (Bangladeshi businessperson).
- The Muslim Businessperson Salman F Rahman is Vice President of the Group
of the largest companies in Bangladesh with more than 48,000 employees.
- Salman F Rahman is Sunni Muslim.
- In 1966 Salman F Rahman and his brother, Sohail, started his activity through
the exploitation of a mill of jute, inherited from his father. However, the Government nationalized the factory in 1971.
- Later he created in 1972 the Bangladesh
Export and Import Company (Beximco Group), exporting
seafood and crushed bones to Belgium, France, Great Britain, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- At that time, control of
foreign exchange by the Government of Bangladesh was very strict, so they were forced to import medicines to collect their exports.
- Since the early days, the Group Beximco has gone from
being mainly a trading Company from raw materials to a leading and diversified group
with a presence in industrial sectors that account for almost
75% of the GDP of Bangladesh. The mission of the group is "Taking
Bangladesh to the world."
- Salman F Rahman through the Beximco group develops important philanthropic activities, especially in the areas of education and health.
- Salman F Rahma belongs to the Central Eurasian Economic Area
of the Islamic Civilization.
Religions and Global Trade - Islam in Asia