Sub-subject: Mohammad Abdul Mannan (Islamic Bank of Bangladesh). Syllabus:
- The Bangladeshi Banker Muhammad Abdul Mannan
- The Islamic Bank of Bangladesh.
- Application of the principles of the Islamic economics and Sharia
principles in the Islamic Bank of Bangladesh.
Sample of the sub-subject: Mohammad Abdul Mannan
Sub-Subject Description: Mohammad Abdul Mannan (Bangladeshi Businessman).
Mohammad Abdul Mannan (1952, Narayanganj) is the General Director of the Islamic Bank of Bangladesh, the largest private Bank in Bangladesh and the first Bank in Southeast Asia
to apply the principles of Sharia and Islamic Economics. Before, he worked in various positions in the Bank.
- Mohammad Abdul Mannan has successfully introduced financial products based on Sharia as well as works on the positioning of the brand of the “Islamic Bank” in Bangladesh.
- Currently; he leads the Task Committee of Islamic Banks Consultative Forum.
Muhammad Abdul Mannan, suggests that there are seven stages in the formulation and development of the Islamic economics.
- He identifies three basic economic functions: consumption, production, and distribution, which are common to all systems.
- These universal functions are governed by a set of principles, which must be
consistent with the Sharia (e.g., moderation in consumption)
- Based on the preceding it is necessary to define a theory that can
synthesise all the economic variables under Islamic values. This theory is dynamic; it can be modified over time.
- Once defined the theory; it is necessary to set a range of
goods and services necessary to achieve individual or group goals of society.
- At this stage, there is a need to implement policy measures (pricing policies, for example) taken in the previous step. It is necessary to have an institution that can adapt the theoretical knowledge to the measures required for the implementation of economic policy, based on the Sharia.
Muslim Businessman Muhammad Abdul Mannan belongs to the Central Eurasian Economic Area of the Islamic Civilisation.
Religions and International Business