Doing Business in Thailand Bangkok. Thai economy
EENI - Asia
The Kingdom of Thailand enjoys a strategic location
in the center of the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
region, in the Greater Mekong sub-region. Thailand is one of the founding
members of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
©. Thailand is located in one of the biggest growing economic region of the
- All of the global carmakers, assemblers and components producers
are established in Thailand: Ford, General Motors, BMW,
Daimler Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Toyota, Isuzu, Honda and Nissan (1.4 million vehicles produced in 2008.
- The Kingdom of Thailand is the biggest manufacturer of one-ton pickup trucks of
the world and the 7th biggest automotive exporter.
- The Thai electronics industry is another pillar of the
economy (30 billion USD,
30% of export revenues of Thailand). Top Thai electronics exports are: hard disk
and integrated circuits (54% and 29% of total electronic exports). Thailand
is the 2th biggest hard-disk drive exporter in the world.
- Thailand is the biggest production base for the electrical appliance
industry in ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) region.
- Population of Thailand: 67.2 million people. Official language: Thai
- Thailand has Free trade agreement in force with:
Gulf Cooperation Council, China, New Zealand (Closer Economic Partnership)
- Thailand has preferential access to the ASEAN Free Trade Area
and like a ASEAN member has access to several
Free trade agreements
of ASEAN (China, Canada, Australia ...)
- Main export markets of the Kingdom of Thailand:
Japan, European Union, Association of Southeast Asian Nations ASEAN (Indonesia, Malaysia,
People's Republic of China ...
- Top export products of Thailand: processed
and frozen food,
agricultural export products, electronics, electrical appliances, furniture, fashion
garments and textiles, auto parts and accessories, etc.
Economic activities in Bangkok ( (20% of the population of the Kingdom
of Thailand) represents 60% of the Gross domestic product of Thailand.
is competing with Singapore to become a regional hub for air travel
within Southeast Asia region.
- Bangkok is recognized as a 1st class health
care center in the ASEAN region.
Example doing business in Thailand:
EENI in Thai language: มหาบัณฑิต ในการค้าต่างประเทศและตลาดต่างประเทศ.