The Association Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economic Community (AEC)
should be the goal of economic integration in the ASEAN region by 2015.
ASEAN Economic Community (AEC):
- single market and production base,
- a greatly competitive economic region,
- a region of fair economic development
- an ASEAN region completely integrated into the global economy.
For companies, an integrated Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) means greater
international market access into the ASEAN market of 584 million people, the
major market after
People's Republic of China and India.
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Basic Indicators
- Total Population : 583.7 million
- Total Land Area : 4.4 million sq. km.
- Total Gross Domestic Product : USD 1,506.2 billion
- Gross domestic product (GDP) Growth : 4.4%
international trade : USD 1,710.4 billion
- Total Exports : USD 879.14 billion
- Total Imports : USD 831.23 billion
- Intra-ASEAN Exports : USD 242.5 billion
- Intra-ASEAN Imports : USD 215.6 billion
- Intra-ASEAN Trade : 26.8% of ASEAN total trade
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) Inflows : USD 60.2 billion
- Intra-ASEAN Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows : USD 11.1 billion
Example of the course Association of Southeast
Asian Nations Economic Community (AEC):