Sub-subject: Thaksin Shinawatra (Thailand. Buddhist Businessperson). Syllabus:
- Thaksin Shinawatra (Thai politician and businessperson, Buddhist Theravada)
- Advanced Information Services
Sample of the Sub-subject: Thaksin Shinawatra (Thailand)
Sub-Subject Description (Thaksin Shinawatra, Thai Businessperson).
- Thaksin Shinawatra (San Kamphaeng -Thailand- 1949) is a prominent Thai Businessperson and Politician.
- He is Theravada
Buddhist (Buddhist Civilisation).
- Thaksin Shinawatra founded “Advanced Info Service,” the largest mobile operator in Thailand (Southeast Asia).
- In 1998, Thaksin Shinawatra founded the political party, Thai Rak Thai. He was
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand (2001-2006) when a military coup overthrew it.
- He was sentenced to two years in prison for
corruption. His sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, is the current Prime Minister of Thailand.
- In 1986, Thaksin Shinawatra created Advanced Info Service, as computer rental business.
- Today, the group has more than 1000 workers and controls the 54% of the Thai mobile market.
- Advanced Info Service is a
joint venture with the Singaporean company Temasek (Government of Singapore).
Religions and Global Business - Buddhist ethics - Buddhist Economics