Market Access - How to export to...
EENI - Business School.
How to export to... (Market Access)
- Market Access
The "Market access" utility offers students information in real-time
on how to export to that market: tariffs, quotas, rules of origin, non-tariff measures, anti-dumping, sanitary and phytosanitary measures, technical barriers to trade,
or safeguards. With this information, the student can make their manual of export to this market according
to their needs (country of origin, product or service to be exported). Below
is a brief summary of the information that can be obtained:
For all countries (En).
- How to Export to. Foreign trade of one selected product between two
countries: historical trade in that good, the Most Favored Nation and preferential tariffs, tariff quotas (if any), and the rule of origin that permits the product to qualify for the preferential tariff (Inter-American Development Bank).
- Import Tariffs. Exports. Tariffs and imports: duty ranges, by
product groups, exports to major trading partners and duties faced (World Trade Organization)
- Non-tariff measures (WTO). Anti-dumping, countervailing, safeguards, Sanitary and Phytosanitary, Technical Barriers to Trade (En, Fr, Es)
- Standards, labeling, certification. Standards and conformity
assessment activities. Product Certification. Standards Organizations. Technical
Regulations. Accreditation (US)
- Harmonized Commodities Code
- Trade map. Trade statistics for international business development (*) (En Es Fr)
- Import-Export tariffs. Search for tariffs, tariff quotas, trade remedies and their ad valorem equivalent (MACMAP) (*)
- Non-tariff measures. Search for non-tariff measures (market
requirements, taxes, and procedures) applied by a country. (*)
- Compare tariffs. Compare average tariffs that a country faces
worldwide when it exports or tariffs that a state applies when it imports a
particular product. (*)
- Agreements and Rules of origin. Trade Agreements applied by one country to any another country and the corresponding Rules of origin and certificates for the latest available year. (*)
Some examples (only a brief summary as an example):
- Free Trade Agreements (Asian Development Bank, the Economic and Social Commission for Asia). Comprehensive listing of all
bilateral and plurilateral agreements with at least one Asian country as signatory
- FTA Database. Free Trade Agreements Database in Asia (-
Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific)
The European Union countries.
- Import Procedures. Specific requirements, internal taxes, Generalized System of Preferences, rules of origin
- Exporting to the EU. Product classification system, import
procedures, documents for customs clearance, customs Union, Excise duties
- Statistics. Trade flows (Import-Export) between any country and the European Union (EU).
- Free Trade Agreements. Preferential tariff treatment, trade facilitation, investment, intellectual property, Government procurement, technical standards and sanitary and phytosanitary.
- TARIC Integrated Community Tariff. Measures relating to tariff, commercial and agricultural legislation
- EUROSTAT. Statistics of the European Union: International Trade, economy, foreign trade, GDP, employment, finance
- Country profiles. Euro indicators: foreign trade, economy, finance, education, health, information society
- Statistical Atlas. Maps: Economy, finance, population, industry, international trade, transport, agriculture
- Binding Tariff Information
- Quotas. Tariff quota consultation
- List of Surveillances. Surveillance is a measure defined to monitor import amounts and valuesof certain products.
- Authorized Economic Operators
- Taxes by countries
- Taxpayer Identification Number
AMERICAN COUNTRIES (Inter-American Development Bank) (En Es Pt).
- Trade Agreements: profiles with basic facts, detailed
chronologies of the ratification and subsequent amendment, and complete
- Most Favored Nation Tariffs. Non-preferential customs
duties specified at the most disaggregated level applicable to imports of the countries
in the region.
- Tariff Phase-Out Schedules. Rules of origin. Tariff Rate Quotas.
Searchable database of product-level preference margins and preferential
tariffs applied over the phase-out period. Product is eligible for preferential market access. Quantitative restrictions on preferential tariff
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Standards. Assessment of the depth and coverage of SPS in Trade Agreements; database of SPS-related
border rejections; survey of trade concerns reported to the World Trade Organization and involving LAC countries; information on certification procedures for private
- Integration and trade Indicators. A comprehensive set of defined
and customizable indicators to assess the trade performance and analyze the trade policies of the countries
in the region.
- Rules of origin. Permits identification at the product level of the specific rule of origin, indicating the materials that must be sourced
in a member country. The Fulfillment Calculator allows the user to input the materials used, and returns an evaluation as to whether that sourcing
pattern complies or not with the requirements of the rule.
Latin American Integration Association (ALADI) countries (En Es Pt).
- Import guide. Administrative Requirements for the Importation of goods, Taxation, Preferred Mechanisms
- Tariffs. Information on tariffs, Charges and Special Conditions.
- Foreign Trade. Exports FOB, imports CIF, trade balance, social
- Tariff Benefits (Received - Granted)
- Regimes of origin. Regimes of origin for partial scope agreements
and regional agreements (ALADI countries)
- Business Opportunities. Business Intelligence Tool. Analysis on Business Opportunities in ALADI countries
- Trade Agreements. Summaries and texts of the agreements in ALADI
- Regulations. Rules governing foreign trade of ALADI countries.
- Common External Tariff of the MERCOSUR. Online consulting CET (based
on the MERCOSUR Common Nomenclature - 8 digits). (Es Pt)
- Rules of origin. Database to identify regimes of origin in the MERCOSUR. (Es Pt)
Countries of the Andean Community (Es).
- Integrated Foreign Trade System (SICEX), trade information
system of the Andean Community.
- CAN Tariff Measures. Consultation tariff measures (merchandise
name or code) in the countries of the Andean Community
- Integrated Andin Tariff ARIAN. The ARIAN is a tool to facilitate
the implementation of measures relating to imports of Member Countries of the Andean Community and exports.
- NANDINA Common Nomenclature
- CAN indicators. Demographic Indicators, Macroeconomics, Prices, foreign trade, Sectoral... In the countries of the Andean Community.
- Private Standards applicable in international markets (concept, principal products covered, requirements and procedures for obtaining
certification) (Inter-American Development Bank) (En Es)
- SPS Regulations and Border Rejections. Database on SPS-related
border rejections (En Es)
- The United States/European Union-Requirements to Export Food and Feed (Inter-American Development Bank). Steps required for a company to export food or feed products to the United States or the European Union (EU). Requirements regarding licensing, production and processing, chemical additives, labeling and packaging, and storage and shipping are all detailed. Links to the websites of the agencies charged
with administering the various regulations are included.
- COFACE. Strengths, weaknesses, risk assessment, Business Climate.
Analyses use a seven-level ranking. Ascending order of risk: A1, A2, A3, A4, B, C and D.
- ONDD. Risk assessment. The political, commercial, war, expropriation
- Fairs. International Trade fairs and exhibitions. 5,000 trade fairs: dates, distribution data, statistics and contact information.
Association of the German Trade Fair Industry (AUMA)
- Jetro. International fairs grouped by countries and sectors.
Provided by JETRO Japan.
Intellectual property rights.
- IPR. Find resources related to intellectual property rights for businesses
- IPR (World Intellectual Property Organization). Information for local IP offices, a repository of domestic IP laws, and treaty membership information for each country
(*) Only registered users (free for users from developing countries).
Legend: En English, Es: Spanish, Fr: French, Pt: Portuguese.
Learning materials - Country profile - Foreign Trade - Market Access
- Investment - Complementary information - Regional Associations - Free Trade Agreements (FTA)