The Republic of China (Taiwan ROC) is one of Asia's "Four Tigers", the
strategic position at the
heart of the Asia-Pacific region, converts Taiwan in a global
manufacturing center. Taiwan is 17th global biggest economy in the world. Taiwan
is the 3th biggest holder of foreign exchange reserves.
- Small and medium-sized companies ( 98% of all
Taiwanese companies), play a fundamental role in the Taiwanese economy.
- Taiwanese manufacturing sector represents 25 % of Gross domestic
product (GDP). Top manufactured
are: IC chips, LCD panels, semiconductors, electronic components, mechanical and electrical
appliances, textiles, plastics, petrochemical products, electrical machinery,
precision instruments, iron and
- The Republic of China (Taiwan ROC) has strong competitive advantages in the
Information and Technology
manufacturing industry. Taiwan is
the 2th biggest Information technology (IT) hardware manufacturing nation in the world.
- Enterprises from Taiwan are the main suppliers of computer monitors of the world and leaders
in PC production
- Textile and apparel production is still a major export
sector of Taiwan (200.000 workers).
- Taiwanese services sector represent 69 % of Gross domestic
product (GDP). Top service activities in the Republic of China (Taiwan ROC) are: wholesale and retail (19 % of
Gross domestic product), real estate and
leasing, financial services and insurance,
transport, information and
communications providers ...
International trade of Taiwan. The Republic of China (Taiwan ROC)
has not natural resources and has a small local market, for this reason
Taiwanese economy is based in International Trade (80 % of the Gross National Product).
EENI in Chinese: 国际贸易、全球营销及国际化硕士