Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Panama and Taiwan. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the Republic of China and the Republic of Panama.
- Benefits of the Agreement.
- Regional Value Content.
- International Trade Republic of China-Republic of Panama.
Sample of the sub-subject: Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
Sub-Subject Description: Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
The Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement (FTA) entered into force in 2004.
Whereas the Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement is esteemed to increment the foreign trade between Taiwan (Republic of China) and the Republic of Panama.
- International Trade
between the Republic of Panama and Taiwan was small in the past (0.06% of the total trade of Taiwan)
- Exporters can benefit from the exemption of customs duties on 4,181 items of commodities exported to the Republic of Panama, and the Republic of Panama will give preferential treatment to marine transport companies from
Taiwan in using the seaport facilities.
- The Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement will help marine transport companies in the Republic of China
to develop shipping markets by way of the Panama Canal.
- Taiwan has exempted customs duties on 6,187 products imported from
the Republic of Panama.
- It is expected that 97% of Panama
export products will be allowed to enter Republic of China free of duty ten years after the Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement takes effects.
- Imports of products from the Republic of China: 43 million dollars (excluding
foreign trade generated by the Colon Free Zone to other countries).
The main chapters of the Panama-Taiwan Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- National Treatment and Market access for products
- Rules and Certificate of Origin
- Customs Procedures
- Safeguard Measures
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
- Measures on Standards, Metrology and Authorisation Procedures
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Cross-border Trade in Services
- Financial Services
- Temporary Entry for Business Persons
- Competition Policy
- Intellectual Property
Panama belongs to the Latin American Economic Area of the Western Civilisation and Taiwan belongs to the Sinic Civilisation.
Panama Free Trade Agreements (FTA)