- Canada is the top-ranked nation in the Economic cooperation and
Development (OECD) for both the lowest number of procedures (2) and the shortest duration for
termination (3 days) to incorporate a business (World Bank Group).
- Canada is one of the safest countries to invest (FDI)
- The Business of Canada "welfare Potential Index" ranks Canada 1st in the G-7
- Canada is the 5th biggest aerospace producer
of the world.
- Canada is the 4th biggest exporter of agricultural products of the
- Canada is the 3th biggest exporter of automotive products
- 9 of the top 10 chemical companies in the world have production facilities in Canada.
- Canada is member of the North American Free-Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Free trade agreements (FTA) of Canada: North American Free trade agreement (NAFTA), Republic of Colombia, Peru, Chile, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, Canada, Jordan. ASEAN Canada Economic Cooperation Agreement (ACECA). India - Canada (CEPA)
Under the North American Free-Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canada has direct access
to the market of North America, including the
United Mexican States and the
United States. Canada is
trade partner of the United States.
The markets of the
European Union provides International business opportunities for
exporters and importers of Canada. Top exports to the European Union are: chemicals, machinery,
equipment, computer electronics products and minerals. The European Union (EU) represents
2th biggest trade and Foreign direct investment partner of
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries
are also important economic partners for Canada. In 2008, external trade was valued at $13.2 billion, including exports of $4.2 billion.
Example of the course doing business in Canada: