Sub-subject: India-Canada Exhaustive Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) between India and Canada.
- India-Canada trade of merchandises and services.
- Liberalisation of international trade in products and services.
- India's foreign direct investment (FDI) in Canada.
- Canada's investments in India.
Sample of the sub-subject: India-Canada Exhaustive Economic Partnership
Sub-Subject Description India-Canada Exhaustive Economic Partnership Agreement
In 2009, India and Canada announced the creation of a Joint Study Group
that will research the chance of an Exhaustive Economic Partnership Agreement between India and Canada.
- The agreement is not in force.
- Canadian Government estimates that gross domestic product gains of 0.4% for Canada and 0.5% for India, which amount to USD 6 billion at actual gross domestic product levels for India and Canada.
- Modelling exercise of India, produced larger gains (1% of the gross domestic product, or USD 12 billion for India
and USD 15 billion for Canada).
Foreign Trade Canada-India.
- Products exported from Canada to India augmented at an compound annual
rate of 24% over this period, while imports from India grew by 13%. India was the 16th trade partner of products of Canada.
- Canada was the 30th trade partner of India.
- Accounting for 70% of the total Indian products exported to Canada
- Leading sectors of export of India were: chemical products (25.2% of the total
exports to Canada), textiles and wearing apparel (24.9%), other manufacturing products as well as machinery and equipment.
- Over the past nine years, international trade in services between Canada and India
tripled to reach USD 693 million from USD 241 million in 1999.
services incomes of Canada from India were travel (50% of the total Canadian services incomes from India)
(Source: Statistics Canada).
Canada belongs to the North American economic area of the Western Christian Civilisation
and the India to the economic area of the Hindu Civilisation.
India Free Trade Agreements (FTA).