Sub-subject: Canada-European Free Trade Association (EFTA) Free Trade Agreement. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Canada-European Free Trade Association (EFTA) Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- International Trade between Canada and the EFTA States.
Sample of the sub-subject: Canada and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA):
Sub-Subject Description: Canada-EFTA Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
In 2009, the Free Trade Agreement signed by Canada and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland) entered into force.
The objectives of the Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement are to:
- Promote, through the growth of trade, the development of the external trade between Canada and the European Free Trade Association States
- Provide fair conditions of competition affecting bilateral trade between
Canada and the EFTA States
- Establish a Framework for Cooperation between Canada and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), in particular with the objective of liberalising external
trade in services and increasing foreign direct investment opportunities
- Contribute to the removal of barriers to international trade, development and expansion of international business.
The Agreement Canada-European Free Trade Association (EFTA) covers foreign trade in industrial products (fish, marine products, processed export agricultural products)
Most industrial products will benefit from duty free access to the respective markets as of the entry into force of the Canada-EFTA Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
Summary of the Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement
Trade in products
- National Treatment
- Import and export restrictions
- Sanitary and phytosanitary measures
- Technical regulations
- Rules of origin and administrative cooperation
- Sub-Committee on Rules of Origin and Trade in Products
- Customs duties.
Trade in services and foreign direct investment
- Foreign trade in services and investment
- Temporary entry.
Other common rules
- State trading companies
- Public procurement
- Trade Facilitation.
Exceptions and Safeguards.
Foreign Trade Canada-EFTA.
- The European Free Trade Association countries are important trade partners for Canada.
- The total trade was 13.2 billion dollars, including exports of 4.2 billion dollars.
Canada belongs to the North American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilisation
and the EFTA to the European area.
Source: Gov. of Canada.