Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Costa Rica and Canada
- Introduction to the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- Benefits of the Agreement.
- Certification of origin
- Market Access for Goods.
- Canada-Costa Rica Agreement on Environmental Cooperation.
- International Trade Canada-Costa Rica.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Free Trade Agreement between Costa Rica and Canada:
Sub-Subject Description: Canada-Costa Rica FTA
The Costa Rica-Canada Free Trade Agreement came into force in 2002.
The objectives of the Costa Rica-Canada Free Trade Agreement (FTA) are to:
- Establish a free trade area
- Promote regional integration through an instrument that contributes to the creation of the Free Trade Area of the Americas and the progressive
elimination of barriers to trade and foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Create opportunities for economic development
- Eliminate barriers to foreign trade
- Facilitate the cross-border
movement of export products between
Costa Rica and Canada
- Increase substantially foreign direct investment (FDI) opportunities in Costa
Rica and Canada
- Facilitate bilateral trade in services
- Promote conditions of fair competition in the free trade area;
- Create efficient procedures for the implementation and application of this agreement, for its joint administration and the resolution of disputes.
Costa Rica will
eliminate its tariffs instantly on some 67% of its tariff lines, and over a period of up to fourteen years for the remaining products, while Canada will provide immediate duty free access for some 86% of its
tariff lines. The remaining products being subject to tariff elimination over a
period of up to eight years.
The Costa Rica-Canada Free Trade Agreement includes the cooperation
agreements on the environment and labor.
International Trade Canada-Costa Rica.
- International Trade of products: 544.9 million dollars.
- Products exported: 108.8 million dollars
- Imports from the Republic of Costa Rica: 436.1
- Costa Rica is the largest trade partner of Canada in Central America, accounting for 31% of trade of products of Canada with the region.
Costa belongs to the Latin American Economic Area and Canada belongs to the North American
area of the Christian Civilization.
Costa Rica's Free Trade Agreements (FTA)