Subject (Course): International Trade and Doing Business in Azerbaijan. Baku. Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Republic of Azerbaijan (Europe - Central Asia).
- Azerbaijani Economy.
- Azerbaijani petrol.
- International Trade of Azerbaijan
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Azerbaijan
- Doing Business in Baku.
- Case Study: the State Petrol Company of the Azerbaijan Republic.
- The European Union-Azerbaijan trade relations.
- Access to the Azerbaijani market
- Business Plan for Azerbaijan
Objectives of the subject “Foreign Trade and Doing Business in Azerbaijan”:
- To analyse the Azerbaijani economy and foreign trade
- To evaluate business opportunities in Azerbaijan
- To explore Azerbaijan's trade relations with the student's country
- To know Azerbaijan's Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- To examine the profile of Azerbaijani companies
- To develop a business plan for the Azerbaijani market
Sample of the subject - Foreign Trade and Doing Business in Azerbaijan:
Subject Description: Foreign Trade and Business in Azerbaijan:
The Republic of Azerbaijan is strategically situated between Asia and Europe.
- Azerbaijan is located in the south-eastern part of the Southern Caucasus and shares borders with the Russian Federation, Iran, Turkey, Georgia, and Armenia, and with
Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan (across the Caspian Sea).
- The main religion of Azerbaijan is Islam
- Azerbaijani is the official language of Azerbaijan.
- The capital of Azerbaijan is Baku
- Area: 86,600 square kilometres
- The population of Azerbaijan: 9,6 millions of people
- Independence from the Soviet Union: 1991
Azerbaijan belongs to the Central Eurasian Economic Area of the Islamic Civilisation.
- The Republic of Azerbaijan is one of the fastest developing countries.
- Gross domestic product of Azerbaijan grew 14.6% yearly to 14,309 billion Manat (AZN, the currency of Azerbaijan)
- Azerbaijan ranks as the top reformer (World Bank- “Doing Business” survey), with improvements in 7/10 indicators of regulatory reform.
- The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan is promoting
foreign direct investments into Azerbaijan.
- Azerbaijan is one of the World leading countries by the attraction of foreign direct investment (FDI).
- The privatisation process is one of the greatest tools of the attraction of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the non-petrol sector of Azerbaijan.
- Baku International Sea Trade Port was created in 1902;
is the largest and the largest of the Caspian Sea ports.
- The biggest industry in
Baku is petroleum.
- The State Petrol Company of Azerbaijan Republic is one of the largest petrol companies in the World.
- Currency: Manat (AZN)
Foreign Trade of Azerbaijan.
- Near 91% of products exported from Azerbaijan (19 billion dollars)
are exported to not- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries, while 9% (2 billion dollars)
are exported to Commonwealth of Independent States countries.
- 58% of the export products was carried out with the European Union (32%), Asia (8%), and America (1%).
- Azerbaijan has deep bilateral trade relations with Italy, France, Russia, Israel, the United States, Ukraine, Turkey, the People's Republic of China, Croatia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, and Georgia.
- The United Kingdom, the United States, Japan, France, Norway, the Czech Republic, and Turkey contributed 1289.4 million Manat (87%) out of the total of foreign direct investment (FDI).
Azerbaijan's Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and Market Access.
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Economic Cooperation Organisation (ECO)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Programme
- Regional Organisation Democracy Economic Development (GUAM)
- Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU)
- Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Russia
- Azerbaijan-Georgia Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, and Moldova
- Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC)
Azerbaijan is a member of...
- Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States (Turkic Council)
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Black Sea Synergy
- European Union-South Caucasus
- United Nations (UN)
- Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- Council of Europe.
- Azerbaijan is one of the founders of the Regional Organisation for Democracy and Economic Development (GUAM)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Azerbaijan also actively cooperates with the European Union (EU), NATO, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Isabel dos Santos (the richest women in Africa) was born in Azerbaijan