The products and services from Honduras have direct access to many
markets thanks to trade agreements
(CAFTA-DR between Honduras and the United States) Canada, Central America, the Dominican Republic, the United Mexican
States, Japan, European
Union or Australia.
In the last years 300 companies have established
operations in the Republic of Honduras under "maquila" - (manufacturing and
light assembly) in sectors such as Textile and Apparel, Agro-industry,
Automotive Components, Electronics and Furniture production,
- Honduras is situated in the heart of the American continent. Only
2 hours by air and 48
to 72 hours by sea to the United States
- Honduras is near the production centers of
North America and the biggest
market in the world.
- Honduras serves as a
platform to regional markets of Central America, among the lowest
logistical costs in the region.
- Honduras is governed by a democratic system with steady institutions, a
transparent legal system, and political and social stability since 1980.
that protect and promote Foreign direct investment (FDI) provide
export-oriented companies fiscal
and legal incentives highly favorable to investment. Any part of Honduras can be an Industrial Processing
Zone/Free Zone where companies are exempt of all taxes.
Emerging sectors in Honduras:
- In traditional sectors (agriculture, textiles, tourism)
- In value-added industries (agribusiness, sustainable tourism, light
manufacturing and business services)
- A flexible manufacturing sector, capable of
exporting in varying scales, supported by a favorable tax and customs code
- A growing services sector
- A tourism sector that attracts international travelers
- A forestry industry that supplies a broad variety of non-traditional wood
32 million hectares (80 million survey acres) at highly competitive
different climates and a large potential for low irrigation agriculture
Example of the course doing business in Honduras
Taiwan - Honduras - El