Carlos Slim (Christian Maronite)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Carlos Slim (Christian Maronite, the world's richest man). Syllabus:
- The Mexican Businessperson Carlos Slim
- Carso Group
- Carlos Slim Foundation
Sample of the sub-subject: Carlos Slim (Christian Maronite)
Sub-Subject Description: Mexican Businessperson
- The founder of the Carso Group, Carlos Slim is the world's richest man - Forbes estimates that he has a fortune of 73 billion dollars - and one of the greatest philanthropists.
- He was born on January 28, 1940, in the city of Mexico.
- He is a Maronite Christian (Eastern Catholic).
- Their parents had to emigrate from the Lebanon to Mexico.
- Many people only know the engineer Carlos Slim for his business activities, indeed is the world's richest men.
However, not everyone knows that he is also one of the biggest philanthropists in the World.
- EENI wishes to acknowledge publicly his extraordinary philanthropic
work, which shows once again that business, ethics, and religion
- In 1965 he created the company “Inversora Bursatil” which over time, along
with other acquisitions (Caglas Group, Promotora Hogar, and Mina Volcán.)
will lead to “Carso Group.”
- In 1990, he won the tender for the public
telecommunications company: TELMEX.
- In 2000, he created “America Telecom,” Carlos Slim takes
positions in Telecom Americas (Brazil), Telgua (Guatemala), Conecel (Ecuador), and Techtel (Argentina).
- In the coming years continues to take strategic positions in the Latin American markets: Entel (Nicaragua), Megatel (Honduras), and Embratel (Brazil)
- In 1986, he created the Carlos Slim Foundation, which has made an outstanding philanthropic activity.
- In 1995, also creates Telmex Foundation
one of the largest philanthropic foundations in Latin America.
These foundations devote significant resources to education, health, nutrition…
- In 2007, The Foundation Carlos Slim donated 100 million dollars to fight poverty in Latin America.
- In 2008, Carlos Slim Helu donates 110 million dollars to help American children.
- In 2009, Muhammad Yunus (Grameen - Bangladesh) and Carlos Slim launch the Grameen-Carso project (45 million dollars).
- In 2013, Carlos Slim announced that he donated 100 million dollars to the Global Initiative for the Eradication of Polio
Religion and Global Business