Sub-subject - The main sectors of the Mexican Economy. Syllabus:
- Introduction to Mexico
- Mexican Aerospace Industry.
- Automotive sector.
- Agribusiness sector.
- Case Study: Acquisition of FEMSA by Heineken.
- Creative industries.
- Medical devices.
- Household appliances industry.
- Case Study: Bosch Group in Mexico.
- Electronics Industry.
- Renewable energy.
- Information Technology market (IT, Business Process Outsourcing, and Software).
- Case Study: Mexican companies
- VW of Mexico.
- Bosch Mexico.
- Tata Consultancy Services in Mexico.
Sample of the sub-subject:
the main sectors of the Mexican Economy
Sub-Subject Description: Key sectors of the Mexican Economy:
The United Mexican States:
- Mexico's population is 122 millions of people
- Area: 1,964,375 square kilometres
- The main Mexican language is Spanish
- The capital of Mexico is Mexico City
- Mexican currency is the Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Borders of Mexico: the United States, Guatemala, and Belize.
- Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1810
- Mexico's main religion is Christianity (108 million) Catholic (99 million).
- Mexico belongs to the Latin American area of the Western
- Mexican extinct civilisations: the Mexican, the Olmec, and the Yucatan
- Abolition of slavery in Mexico:
Mexico is the tenth largest economy in the World and the seventh largest international trade player.
Mexico is the economy with the most competitive operating costs for the aerospace industry. Aerospace exports were 3,200 million dollars (16.5% annual growth rate). There are 190 enterprises in Mexico within the aerospace industry (30,000 people).
Mexico is the second biggest car maker in Latin America. 820,000
cars were sold in Mexico.
The Automotive industry:
- 3% of the gross domestic product
- 18% of Mexican manufacturing production.
- 23% of all
- 69% of Mexican
production of Automotive sector was exported to the United States.
- 100 of the biggest auto parts Global firms are in Mexico.
The United Mexican States produced 30 billion dollars in auto parts, (80% of the production
was exported to the United States)
Processed food industry in the United Mexican States generated a market value of 93,362 million dollars (the third highest valued in America).
The food sector of the United Mexican States is the tenth biggest market valued worldwide. Mexican processed food industry accounts for 22% of the manufacturing gross domestic product.
- Mexico is the leading exporter of medical devices in Latin America.
Mexico is the largest exporter to the United States
- Mexico is one of the main exporters of household appliances in the World (sixth
place on a global level).
- Mexico has a leading
position as an exporter of
- Mexico is the third exporter of 1,500 W vacuum cleaners.
- Mexico has a strong installed capacity for manufacture of electronic products.
- The manufacturing enterprises are in Baja California, Chihuahua, and Tamaulipas
- Exports from the electronics sector accounted for 28% of non-petroleum exports of Mexico.