Sectors of the Mexican economy
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject - Key sectors of the Mexican economy. Syllabus:
- Introduction to Mexico
- Mexican Aerospace Industry.
- Automotive sector.
- Agribusiness sector.
- Case study: Acquisition of FEMSA by Heineken.
- Creative industries.
- Medical devices.
- Household appliances industry.
- Case study: Bosch Group in Mexico.
- Electronics industry.
- Renewable energy.
- Information Technology market (IT, Business Process Outsourcing, Software).
- Case Study: Mexican companies
- VW of Mexico.
- Bosch Mexico.
- Tata Consultancy Services in Mexico.
Sample of the sub-subject:
Key sectors of the Mexican economy
Sub-subject description - Key sectors of the Mexican economy:
The United Mexican States:
- Mexico's population is 122 millions of people
- Area: 1,964,375 km²
- Main Mexican language is Spanish
- The capital of Mexico is Mexico City
- The Mexican currency is the Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Borders of Mexico: the United States, Guatemala and Belize.
- Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1810
- Mexico's main religion is Christianity (108 million) Catholic (99 million).
- Mexico belongs to the Latin American area of the Western
- Mexican extinct civilizations: the Mexican, the Olmec and the Yucatan
- Abolition of slavery in Mexico:
The Mexican economy.
Mexico is the tenth biggest
economy of the World and the seventh most important international trade player.
Mexico is the economy with the most competitive operating costs for the aerospace industry. Aerospace exports were 3,200 million dollar (16.5% annual growth rate). There are 190 enterprises in Mexico within the aerospace industry (30.000 people).
The United Mexican States is the second biggest carmaker in Latin America. 820,000
cars were sold in Mexico. The automobile industry:
- 3% of the gross domestic product
- 18% of Mexican manufacturing production.
- 23% of all
- 69% of Mexican
production of automobile sector was exported to United States.
- 100 of the biggest auto parts Global firms are in Mexico.
The United Mexican States produced 30 billion dollars in auto parts, (80% of production
was exported to the United States)
The processed food industry in the United Mexican States generated a market value of 93,362 million dollar (the third highest valued in America).
The food sector of the United Mexican States is the tenth biggest market valued worldwide. The Mexican processed
food industry accounts for 22% of the manufacturing gross domestic product.
- Mexico is the leading exporter of medical devices in Latin America.
Mexico is the major exporter to the United States
- Mexico is one of the main exporters of household appliances in the World (sixth
place on a global level).
- Mexico has a leading
position as exporter of
split-door refrigerator / freezers.
- Mexico is the third exporter of 1,500 W vacuum cleaners.
- Mexico has a strong installed capacity for manufacture of electronic products.
enterprises are mainly located in Baja California,
Chihuahua, and Tamaulipas
- . Exports from the electronics sector accounted for 28% of non-oil exports of Mexico.