Sub-subject - International Trade and Doing Business in Nuevo Leon Monterrey (Mexico). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the State of Nuevo Leon.
- The Economy of Nuevo Leon.
- International Trade of Nuevo Leon.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Nuevo Leon.
- Doing Business in Monterrey: the industrial capital of Mexico.
- Competitive advantages of Nuevo Leon.
- Clusters in Nuevo Leon:
- Home appliance
- Health care
- Information Technology Industry.
- The largest industrial groups in Nuevo Leon.
- Case Study:
- FEMSA Group.
- ALFA Group.
- Gruma Group.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Doing Business in Nuevo Leon Monterrey:
Sub-Subject Description: Foreign Trade and Business in Nuevo Leon Monterrey (Mexico):
- The Gross domestic product of Nuevo Leon was 79.8 billion dollars (7.5% of the Mexican GDP).
- The State of Nuevo Leon (Mexico) produce the 10.2% of all the manufactured products of Mexico.
- The Automotive Industry of the State of Nuevo Leon represents 2.1 billion dollars.
- Nuevo Leon (Mexico) is the largest State in attracting foreign direct investment in the United Mexican States.
- Nuevo Leon received 5,097 million dollars in foreign direct investment (29% of the total of foreign direct investment received in the United Mexican States).
- Of all the foreign direct investment received by
the States of Nuevo Leon, nearly all was to the manufacturing industry and financial services.
- The majority of foreign direct investment comes from the United States (52%).
- Other important sources of foreign direct investment are Japan, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
- Nuevo Leon is a frontier state that has the perfect logistics place for
doing business in the North American market.
Monterrey is a major industrial centre in the United Mexican States, producing a gross domestic product of 102 billion dollars.
- Gross domestic product per capita of Monterrey was 46,634 dollar.
- Monterrey ranks as the best city in Latin America in which to do business (Fortune magazine).
- 75% of Mexican production of glass containers
- 60% of Mexican cement production
- 60% of Mexican, artificial, and synthetic fibre production
- 50% of Mexican beer production
- 50% of Mexican ceramics production
- 40% of Mexican production of basic steel
- 40% of household appliances
Top Economic Clusters in Nuevo Leon
- Automotive, auto parts, and components
- Home appliances
- Electric and electronic equipment
- Metal mechanics
- Steel, glass, and cement
- Software and information technology services
- Medical services.
The State of Nuevo Leon:
- Population: 4,500,000 (4% of the total population of the United Mexican States)
- Gross domestic product: 86.5 billion dollars (8% of the Mexican gross domestic product). 79.8 billion dollars
- Main economic sectors: services, commerce, manufacturing (metal, machinery, and equipment)
- Manufacturer of 10.2% of all of Mexican manufactured products.
- Total exports: 26.1 billion dollars.
- The largest Mexican State attracting foreign direct investment: 2 billion dollars.
- 2,600 foreign companies have established operations
- Income per capita: 9,693 dollar (6,500 dollar above Mexican average)
- Area: 64,220 square kilometres (3.3% of Mexico)
- Main cities: Monterrey (capital, 3.7 million), Guadalupe, and Apodaca.