Competitive Advantages of Mexico
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Competitive Advantages of Mexico in the Global Market. Syllabus:
- Competitive Advantages of Mexico.
- Ease of doing business in Mexico.
- International competitiveness of Mexico.
- Ranking of competitiveness of Mexico's states.
Sample of the sub-subject: Competitive Advantages of Mexico
Sub-Subject Description: Competitive Advantages of Mexico:
- Mexico occupies the second position worldwide, by the number of
Free Trade Agreements in force. Mexico has signed ten Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and several Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA).
- Mexico is a member of the
North American Free Trade Agreement (Mexico, the United States, and Canada).
These three countries are also members of APEC.
- Mexico is the second biggest recipient of
foreign direct investment in Latin America.
- Mexico offers important savings in labour force costs compared to other potential foreign direct investment locations.
- Business with productive activities in the United States could benefit with an 11.5% tax rate reduction by
moving to Mexico.
- In Mexico, an investor needs only six procedures to incorporate a company.
- For export products from Mexico, only five procedural
documents are required. This gives Mexico an advantage over countries like Brazil, the People's Republic of China, and India where more documents are required.
- Regarding the macroeconomic stability, the United Mexican States ranks in place twenty-eight (out of 139 countries, World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Report).
- Between 2009 and 2012, Mexican
real exchange rate will remain virtually balanced to the United States dollar and the euro.
- Mexico is situated between the main
global consumer markets.
- Mexico shares a border with the United States (3,000
kilometres); has quick access to the European market through the Atlantic Ocean and the Asian market through
the Pacific Ocean.
- Mexico has many natural resources that favour the development of a vast number of the production activities, including those related to renewable energy generation.
- Mexico has a long tradition of mining production, which plays a
significant position in the economic activity of Mexico, especially in the industrial sector.
Mexico is globally renewed for its mineral production, particularly silver, copper, bismuth, arsenic, lead, and zinc.
ProMexico is the Mexican Government institution in charge of strengthening
Mexican participation in the international economy.
Ranking Easy of Doing Business of Mexican States.
Baja California Sur||
| Nuevo Leon||
San Louis Potosí||
Source: Doing Business -World Bank