Sub-subject: Business in Jalisco Guadalajara (Mexico). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the state of Jalisco.
- The Economy of Jalisco.
- International Trade of Jalisco.
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Jalisco.
- Advantages in the global economy.
- Doing Business in Guadalajara: Mexico's “Silicon Valley.”
- Key sectors of Jalisco:
- Electronics Contract Manufacturing
- Electronic Design
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services.
- Case Study:
- Guadalajara International Book Fair
- Kaxan Media Group.
- Arion Group.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Doing Business in Jalisco (Mexico):
Sub-Subject Description: Foreign Trade and Business in Jalisco Guadalajara:
- The Economy of Jalisco accounts for 6.3% of the gross domestic product of Mexico.
- Jalisco is the seventh biggest state in the United Mexican States.
- Jalisco shares borders with the Mexican states of Nayarit, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, San Louis Potosí, Guanajuato, Colima, and Michoacán.
- The State of Jalisco ranked third in Socio-economic indicators (behind Nuevo Leon and Mexico DF).
- The Government of Jalisco
elevated their expectations
and are planning to attract 2.318 billion dollars in foreign direct investment to the State of Jalisco (67 million dollars in 2009).
- The electronics industry is expecting foreign direct investment for 300 million dollars (101 million dollars invested in 2011).
- The main sectors of the economy of Guadalajara (United Mexican States): electronics manufacturing, Business Process Outsourcing, software development, design, multimedia, automotive, and aerospace.
- Exports of the electronics industry of Jalisco could surpass the record of 2008 (17,700 million dollars).
As the United Mexican States has moved to high-value-added engineering
productions, Guadalajara has become branded as the “Mexican Silicon Valley” and taken the lead in electronic design, opening research and development centres for global, regional, and local
business with complete product development.
Guadalajara (7 millions of people, 6.5% of the total population of Mexico), ranks in the top
five in all major foreign direct investment receivers of Latin American locations in high-tech.
- The Aerospace industry in Guadalajara is one of the sectors with
the fastest growth over the past five years.
- The Guadalajara International Book Fair is the biggest market in the World for Spanish language publications.
Sources: Jalisco Gov.