Sub-subject: The Maronite Catholic Church (Christianity). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Maronite Catholic Church
- The Maronite Patriarch of Antioch
- Characteristics of the Maronite Catholic Church
- Maronites in Lebanon
- Carlos Slim (Mexican Businessperson)
Sample of the sub-subject: Maronite Catholic Church
Sub-Subject Description: Maronites.
- The Syrian Maronite Catholic Church of Antioch belongs to the Eastern Catholic Church, and therefore is in full communion with the Holy See in Rome.
- The Syrian Maronite Catholic Church of Antioch was created in the 4th century by the Syrian-Aramaic monk Marum, hence the name.
- In the 7th century was elected the first Patriarch: St John
- Maronite Church is one of the largest religions of Lebanon.
- World's richest men, Carlos Slim is Maronite, as well as Charles Ghosn (Managing Director of Renault-Nissan) or Colombian singer Shakira.
- The vast majority of Maronites are Lebanese descent.
- Approximately there are 3.2 million
Maronites with 1 million Maronites in the Lebanon (22% of the population).
- Estimation of the Maronite population by country (source:
- Lebanon: 1,062,000
- Argentina: 750,000
- Brazil: 550,000
- The United States: 215,000
- Mexico: 160,000
- Australia: 160,000
- The highest authority of the Maronite Church is the Maronite Patriarch of Antioch, Boutros Bechara Rahim, who lives in Beirut.
- Maronites share the same doctrine as other Catholics but retain
their liturgy, theology, spirituality, discipline, and the Church
- Maronites belongs to the Arab Economic Area.
Religion and Global Business