EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: The Maronite Catholic Church (Christianity).
- Introduction to the Maronite Catholic Church
- The Maronite Patriarch of Antioch
- Characteristics of the Maronite Catholic Church
- Maronites in Lebanon
- Carlos Slim (Mexican Businessperson)
Sample of the sub-subject: Maronite Catholic Church
Sub-Subject Description: Maronites.
- The Syrian Maronite Catholic Church of Antioch belongs to the
Eastern Catholic Church, and therefore
is in full communion with the Holy See in Rome.
- The Syrian Maronite Catholic Church of Antioch was created in the 4th century by the Syrian-Aramaic monk Marum, hence
- In the 7th century was elected the first Patriarch: St John
- Maronite Church is one of the largest religions of Lebanon.
- World's richest men, Carlos Slim is Maronite, as well as
Charles Ghosn (Chief Executive Officer of Renault-Nissan) or
Colombian singer Shakira.
- The vast majority of Maronites are Lebanese descent.
- Approximately there are 3,2 million
Maronites with 1 million Maronites in the Lebanon (22% of the population).
- Estimation of the Maronite population by country (source:
- Lebanon: 1.062.000
- Argentina: 750.000
- Brazil: 550.000
- The United States: 215.000
- Mexico: 160.000
- Australia: 160,000
- The highest authority of the Maronite Church is the Maronite Patriarch of Antioch, Boutros Bechara Rahim, who lives in Beirut.
- Maronites share the same doctrine as other Catholics but retain
their liturgy, theology, spirituality, discipline, and the Church
- Maronites belongs to the Arab Economic Area.
Religion and Global Business