Learning unit Free Trade Agreement Mexico -
- EFTA States - Mexico Free Trade Agreement.
- Intrnational Trade in products and services.
- Advantages for exporters.
- Trade Mexico - European Free Trade Association (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein).
Learning unit summary Free Trade Agreement Mexico - European Free Trade Association
The Free Trade Agreement between the European Free Trade Association and
the United Mexican States entered into force in 2001.
The Free Trade Agreement Mexico - European Free Trade Association covers: International trade in industrial products as well as fish and
marine products. In addition, bilateral
agricultural agreements between the individual EFTA countries
(Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) and Mexico have been finished which form part of the instruments creating the free trade area.
The objectives of the European Free Trade Association - Mexico Free Trade Agreement are
- Reach the progressive and reciprocal liberalization of International trade in products.
- Provide fair conditions of competition affecting bilateral trade between
Mexico and European Free Trade Association States;
- Open the government procurement markets of Mexico and European Free Trade
- Reach the liberalization of trade in services;
- Reach the progressive liberalization of Foreign direct investment;
- Guarantee an adequate protection of intellectual property rights;
- Contribute, by the removal of barriers to trade, to the development and
growth of world trade.
The United Mexican States is one of the European Free trade Association States' most important trade partners in Latin America and an important market for its
exports, with important growth
The European Free Trade Agreement - United Mexican States Agreement consists of 9 Chapters and 85 Articles:
- General dispositions
- International Trade in products
- Trade in Services and Foreign direct investment
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Institutional dispositions
- Dispute settlement
Sample of the learning unit Free Trade Agreement Mexico - EFTA:
Free Trade Agreements of Mexico
Learning materials: México AELC