COMESA-US Trade and Investment Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: the United States-COMESA Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIF). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa)-United States Trade and Investment Agreement
- Foreign Trade between the United States and the COMESA countries
- Content of the agreement COMESA-United States
Sample of the sub-subject: COMESA-United States Agreement
Sub-Subject Description: COMESA-US Trade and Investment Framework Agreement
The objective of the agreement is to improve cooperation on trade and investment and the economic relationships between the United States and the COMESA markets.
Ten articles of the COMESA-US Trade and Investment Framework Agreement cover topics like the relation with African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), intellectual property rights, expand trade in products (Agriculture products included), liberalisation of trade and investment (FDI), eliminate non-tariff barriers, environmental protection, creation of the Council of Trade and Investment, taxation, or labour.
The COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa): Burundi, the Comoros, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
The total goods export (the US to the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa):
8.4 billion USD
- Top COMESA Export markets for the US products: Egypt, Libya, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Djibouti
- The main US export products to COMESA markets: Machinery, Aircraft, Cereals, Vehicles, and Petroleum
- The total US foreign direct investment in the COMESA region: 27
The total goods export (Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa to the US):
5.7 billion USD
- The main COMESA export countries to the US are Libya, Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, and Ethiopia.
- The main COMESA export products are Oil crude, apparel, spices, coffee, and fertilizers
The Agreement United States-COMESA belongs to the African Civilisation
and the North American
area of the Western Civilisation.