North-South Corridor (Africa)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: North-South Corridor
Aid-for-trade program (Africa)
- Introduction to the North-South Corridor (Africa)
- The main features of the North-South Corridor
- Key project of the Tripartite Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- Access to eight markets of East and Southern Africa: Botswana, the Democratic
Republic of the Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Sample of the sub-subject: North-South Corridor (Africa)
Sub-Subject Description (North-South Corridor - Africa).
The North-South Corridor (Africa) (10,647
- Central Africa:
the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- East Africa: Malawi, Mozambique, and Tanzania
- Southern Africa: Botswana, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
The North-South Corridor Aid-for-trade program is a key project of the Tripartite Free Trade Agreement:
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- East African Community (EAC)
- Southern African Development Community (SADC)
Key features of the North-South Corridor:
- Launched in 2009
- The estimated cost: 11 billion dollars
- Road network: 8.600 Km
- Rail network: 600 Km
- The North-South Corridor includes the Dar Es Salaam Corridor and parts of the Trans-Kalahari and Nacala Corridors.
- Road transports 95% of exports and imports of the Tripartite region along
the North-South Corridor and 5% using the rail network.
The main cities:
- Tanzania: Dar Es Salaam, Nguerengere, Morogoro, Kitonga, Iringa, Mafinga, Makambako, Igawa,
- Malawi: Uyole, Chiweta, Mzuzu, Lilongwe, and Blantyre
- Botswana: Gaborone and Francistown
- South Africa: Pretoria, Johannesburg, and Durban
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Likasi and Kolwezi
- Zimbabwe: Harare and Bulawayo
- Zambia: Lusaka and Ndola
Links of the North-South Corridor with other Trans-African corridors:
Closest ports to the North-South Corridor:
- Port of Durban (South Africa)
- Port of Maputo (Mozambique)
- Port of Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
The main languages: English.
The main religion in the region of the North-South Corridor: Christianity
North-South Corridor belongs to the African Civilization.
- Central African Economic Area
- Southern African Economic Area
- East African Economic Area