Sub-subject: Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al-Amoudi (Businessperson. Saudi Arabia-Ethiopia). Syllabus:
- The Saudi-Ethiopian Businessperson and philanthropist Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al-Amoudi (Muslim)
- The petroleum group CORRAL
- The company MIDROC
- The concept of indigenous capitalism of Sheikh Al-Amoudi
Sample of the Sub-subject: Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Ali Al-Amoudi (Ethiopia)
Sub-Subject Description: Mohammed Hussein Ali Al-Amoudi (Ethiopian Businessperson):
- Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al-Amoudi (1945) is an
businessperson founder of MIDROC.
- He is of Ethiopian-Yemeni
origin and citizen of Saudi Arabia.
- Mohamed Al-Amoudi is the second richest Arab (after Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal)
and the second richest African (net worth 12,300 million dollars).
- Al Moudi is one of the greatest philanthropists in the World.
- Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al-Amoudi is the founder of MIDROC a global company present in Africa, the Middle East, and Europe working more than 40,000 people.
- The origins of the fortune of Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al-Amoudi are related to
real estate, petroleum refineries (Corral Petroleum Holdings, Sweden - Svenska Petroleum Exploration -, and
Morocco - SAMIR-),
Ports (Djibouti), and retail (Lebanon)
- Recently the Sheikh Al-Amoudi has invested 2.5 billion dollars in rice projects in Ethiopia.
The vision of the Sheikh Al-Amoudi is:
opportunities joining emerging countries and developed countries; he believes in the concept of indigenous capitalism.”
The World Bank has recognised the vision of the Sheikh in the development of agribusiness in Africa.
- As a good a Muslim; he practices the “Zakat,” a significant part of his fortune is dedicated to social causes.
- Sheikh Al-Amoudi donated 20 million dollars to the “Clinton Health Access Initiative”; he has founded an hospital in Addis Ababa; he has endowed the Sheikh Mohammed Al-Amoudi centre for Breast Cancer (Saudi Arabia).
The African Businessperson Mohammed Hussein Ali Al-Amoudi belongs to the:
- East African Economic Area of the African Civilisation
- Arab Economic Area of the Islamic Civilisation
Religions and International Business - Muslim Businessperson.