Sub-subject: Haifa al-Mansour (the second most powerful Arab woman in the World).
Film Director. Syllabus:
- The Saudi film-maker Haifa al-Mansour: the second most powerful Arab woman.
- Impact on Arab society of the documentary “Women Without Shadows”
Sample of the sub-subject: Haifa al-Mansour:
Sub-Subject Description: Haifa Al-Mansour (Saudi Film Director):
- Saudi Film Director Haifaa al-Mansour (1974,
Saudi Arabia - the Middle East)
is considered the second most powerful Arab Women in the World according to the magazine “Arabian Business.”
- Religion: Mrs Haifaa al-Mansour is
- Haifaa al-Mansour has created three short films and “Women without Shadows,” a documentary, which has influenced a new generation of Film
Directors in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- In his country, the work of Haifaa al-Mansour is both praised and vilified for encouraging debate about tolerance, the perils of Orthodoxy, and the need for the citizens of Saudi Arabia to take a critical vision with their ancestral customs; normally these topics are treated as taboo.
- His film “Wadjda” was selected to the Oscar for Best Foreign
- Haifaa al-Mansour had to lead the outdoor scenes in Riyadh from inside a bus (in
Saudi Arabia segregation between men and women are applied).
- Haifaa al-Mansour was supported by Rotana, the film production
enterprise of His Royal Highness Prince Alwaleed bin
- Rotana is the largest producer in the World of Arabic music and a famous company of Arabic films, with a catalogue of more than 2,000 Arabic
Haifaa al-Mansour belongs to the
Arab Economic Area of the Islamic Civilisation.
Religions and business