Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA). Syllabus:
- Introduction to the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Mexico and Chile.
- Foreign Trade Mexico-Chile.
- Investment Flows between Chile and Mexico.
Sample of the Sub-subject: Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
Sub-Subject Description: Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA):
The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Chile and the United Mexican States entered into force in 1999.
The Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement covers all topics related to international trade and foreign direct investment (FDI).
The main objective of the Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement is to set up a free trade area.
The purpose of the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between Chile and Mexico are:
- To promote the growth and diversification of international trade between Chile and the United Mexican States
- To eliminate barriers to international trade and facilitate the movement of export products and services in the free trade area
- To promote conditions of fair competition in the free trade area
- To increase substantially foreign direct investment opportunities
- To protect intellectual property rights
- To establish efficient procedures for the application and observance of the Mexico-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA), for its joint administration and dispute settlement.
Under the FTA Chile-Mexico, all export products are free of tariff;
except 94 items that are subject to the general import regime in the United Mexican States, and must pay the appropriate fee (58 are for food products).
Foreign Trade Mexico-Chile.
- The United Mexican States was the seventh largest trade partner of Chile, with total trade of 3,864 million dollars.
- Exports of Chile to Mexico: 1,844 million dollars (an annual
rise of 26.1%).
- 985 companies from Chile exported to the United Mexican States
Chile and Mexico are members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
and belongs to the Latin American Economic Area of the Western Christian Civilisation.