Sub-subject: Beira-Lobito African Transport Corridor (Angola)
- Introduction to the Beira-Lobito Corridor (Trans-African Highway 9)
- The main features of the Beira-Lobito Highway
- Access to five markets of Central, East and Southern Africa: Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mozambique, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Sample of the sub-subject: Beira-Lobito Trans-African Corridor:
Sub-Subject Description (Beira-Lobito Corridor).
Beira-Lobito Trans-African Corridor, or Trans-African Highway 9, links:
- Central Africa: Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- East Africa: Mozambique
- Southern Africa: Zimbabwe, Zambia
Key features of the Beira-Lobito Trans-African corridor:
- Countries of the Beira - Lobito Trans-African Corridor (3,523
kilometres): Angola (1,157 kilometres), the Democratic Republic of the Congo (823 kilometres), Zimbabwe (655 kilometres), Zambia (606 kilometres), Mozambique (282 kilometres).
- The estimated missing links: 1,351 kilometres (mainly in Congo and Angola)
- The main cities linked.
- Mozambique: Beira, Nhandue, Fr. Dongo, Fr Nhamatan, Tica, Nhamatanda, Inchope, Maforga, Chimoio, Chipata, Bandula, Vila de Manica, Machipanda.
- Zimbabwe: Mutare, Nyazura, Macheke, Harare, Chirundu
- Zambia: Lusaka, Chisamba, Kabwe, Kapiri, Ndola, Kitwe, Chingola
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo: Kasumbalesa, Lubumbashi, Likasi, Nguba, Kolwezi, Dilolo
- Angola: Dilolo, Luena, Kuito, Cachiungo, Alto Hama, Lobito (access to the Port of Luanda)
- The main religion in the region: Christianity
- The largest ports: Port of Lobito, Port of Luanda (Angola), Port of Maputo (Mozambique)
- The main languages: Portuguese, French, and English
Links with other Trans-African Corridors.
- In Zambia (Kapiri Mposhi and Kafue) shares the route with the Cape Town (South Africa) - Gaborone-Cairo (Egypt) Highway.
- In Angola (Alto Hama) links with the Tripoli (Libya)-Windhoek (Namibia) corridor
Regional Economic Communities involved:
- Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
- Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Southern African Customs Union (SACU)
- Community of Sahel-Saharan States (CEN-SAD)
Beira-Lobito Trans-African Corridor belongs to the African Civilisation.
- Central African Economic Area
- Southern African Economic Area
- East African Economic Area