Sub-subject - Cyril Ramaphosa (South African Businessman and Political). Syllabus:
- The South African political and Businessman Cyril Ramaphosa
- Sanduka Group
- His participation in the largest African telecommunications company: the MTN Group
Sample of the Sub-subject: Cyril Ramaphosa (South Africa)
Sub-Subject Description: Cyril Ramaphosa (South African Businessman):
- The South African Political and Businessman, Cyril Ramaphosa was born in 1962 in Soweto (South Africa).
- Forbes considers him as one of the South Africa’s richest men (675
million dollars) and the 21st richest African
- Today, Cyril Ramaphosa is the Director of Sanduka
Group, Bidvest Group and MTN (the largest telecom
company in Africa directed by Sifiso Dabengwa), Cyril Ramaphosa paid 335 million dollars for his shares in MTN Group.
- Sanduka Group has investments in South
Africa, Mozambique, Mauritius, Ghana, and Nigeria.
- Cyril Ramaphosa is also a member of the International
Advisory Board of Coca-Cola and Unilever
- In 1974, during apartheid; he was arrested for his struggle against the regime.
- In 1981, he finished his Degree in the University of the North, and joined the Council of Unions of South Africa, one year later he transforms the Council in the National
Union of Mine Workers.
- Cyril Ramaphosa introduced Nelson Mandela in the African National Congress
- In 1997, Cyril Ramaphosa retired from politics and was elected as Director of New Africa Investments.
- Cyril Ramaphosa is married to Dr Tshepo
Motsepe (sister of Patrice Motsepe and Bridgette Radebe).
- Mr Ramaphosa is Christian (Protestant
- The African Businessman Cyril Ramaphosa belongs to the
Southern African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.