Sub-subject: Bridgette Radebe (Businesswoman / South Africa). Syllabus:
- The South African Businesswoman Bridgette Radebe, the first black
- Mining company Mmakau
Sample of the Sub-subject: Bridgette Radebe (South Africa):
Sub-Subject Description: Bridgette Radebe (South African Businesswoman):
- Bridgette Radebe was born in 1960 in South Africa, in the times of the Apartheid
- She is considered as the “First Black Mining Businesswoman.”
- She founded the Mmakau Mining, owning coal, gold, chrome and platinum mines in South
Africa, today she is the CEO.
- According to Forbes, Bridgette Radebe is one of the Most Powerful African Women.
- Bridgette Radebe is the sister of the South African multimillionaire
Patrice Motsepe and Dr Tshepo Motsepe (wife of
- Ms Bridgette was the pioneer of developing empowerment models in the African mining sector. When she was young, black people were banned from holding mining licences in South Africa.
- She was the President of the South African Mining Development Association and founder of the Board of Trustees of the New Africa Mining Fund.
- Currently; she is the Advisor to the Minister of Minerals and Energy.
- Bridgette Radebe holds a law degree.
The African Businesswoman Bridgette Radebe belongs to the Southern African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.