Sub-subject: Sifiso Dabengwa (Businessperson of Zimbabwe). Syllabus:
- Sifiso Dabengwa (Zimbabwean Businessman)
- The Trans-African Telecom Company the MTN Group
- His role as Director of the largest telecommunications company in Africa (MTN Group)
Sample of the Sub-subject: Sifiso Dabengwa (Zimbabwe)
Sub-Subject Description: Sifiso Dabengwa (Zimbabwean Businessman):
- The Zimbabwean Businessman and Executive Sifiso Dabengwa was born in 1958 in Zimbabwe.
- Sifiso Dabengwa is the Executive Director of the largest telecom company in Africa: the MTN Group.
- He began his career as Managing Director in South
Africa. In 2004, was promoted to CEO of MTN
MTN Group was created in 1994, today the Group has investments in twenty-two markets in Africa (Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea
Republic, Liberia, Nigeria, the Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, and Zambia) and the Middle East, with near 220
- Cyril Ramaphosa paid 335 million dollars for his participation in MTN Group. Tunde Folawiyo is on the Board of MTN
- Sifiso Dabengwa is also Chairperson of Sea Star Motors and Long Street Property
- Dabengwa holds a Bachelor Degree in Engineering (University of Zimbabwe)
and an MBA (University of Witwatersrand).
- Sifiso Dabengwa has not made public his religious affiliation, but it seems to be Christian.
The African Businessman Sifiso Dabengwa belongs to the Southern African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.