Sub-subject: Strive Masiyiwa (Zimbabwean Businessman). Syllabus:
- Strive Masiyiwa (Zimbabwean Businessman)
- The Econet Wireless Group
- His commitment to the initiative “The Giving Pledge”
Sample of the Sub-subject: Strive Masiyiwa (Zimbabwe)
Sub-Subject Description: Strive Masiyiwa (Zimbabwean Businessman):
- The Zimbabwean Businessman Strive Masiyiwa was born on 29
January 1961 in Zimbabwe.
- In 2014, Strive Masiyiwa and Tsitsi (his wife)
joined the Giving
- Strive Masiyiwa is the founder and Director of Econet Wireless Group (South Africa), with investments in Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- In the past, when Strive Masiyiwa tries to open his telecom business, the Zimbabwean Government banned his company (state monopoly), but Strive begun legal battle against the Government, and finally, he won.
- Today, Strive Masiyiwa is considered an icon of the overture of the telecommunication sector in Africa.
- In Africa, Strive Masiyiwa is one of the persons who are leading the fight against corruption.
- Strive Masiyiwa is a member of the Board of African Union initiative “Grow Africa.”
- Masiyiwa also serves on the Board of Rockefeller Foundation.
- Strive Masiyiwa is Christian and lives in London.
The African Businessman Strive Masiyiwa belongs to the Southern African Economic Area of the African Civilisation.