Bhimji Depar Shah (Businessperson, Kenya)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Bhimji Depar Shah (Kenyan Businessperson). Syllabus:
- Bhimji Depar Shah (Kenyan Businessperson)
- The Kenyan conglomerate Bidco Group
Sample of the Sub-subject: Bhimji Depar Shah (Businessperson/Kenya)
Sub-Subject Description: Bhimji Depar Shah (Kenyan Businessperson):
- The Kenyan Businessperson Bhimji Depar Shah was born in 1932 (Mombasa, Kenya - East Africa-), his origins were very
- His first business was a Petrol station in Nyeri (180 kilometres north of Nairobi, Kenya).
- Bhimji Depar Shah is considered one of the richest men in Kenya, with
an estimated fortune of 700 million dollars.
- In 1970, he founded Bidco Industries (garments production).
- Fifteen years later the company began soap production.
- In 1991, the Group built an petrol plant.
- Today the Bidco Group is one of the largest Kenyan conglomerates, with activities in several sectors: petrol and gas, manufacturing, farming, logistics, garments, and retail
- Bidco has industrial units in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda.
- Bidco distributes his products in Burundi, the Comoros, Djibouti, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Malawi, Sudan, South Sudan, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
“We believe in the future of Africa” Bhimji Depar Shah
Bhimji Depar Shah has not made public his religious affiliation, due that his Indian origin (as Naushad Merali) and by his name; it seems that he profess Hinduism religion.
The African Businessperson
Bhimji Depar Shah belongs to the:
- East African Economic Area of the African Civilisation
area of the Hindu Civilisation
Ethics and business