Sub-subject - Alexander Lebedev (Businessperson and Philanthropist/Russia). Syllabus:
- The Russian oligarch, philanthropist, and Businessman Alexander Lebedev (Orthodoxy)
- The Newspaper group of Lebedev
- Business in the banking sector of Alexander Lebedev
Sample of the sub-subject: Alexander Lebedev (Russian Orthodox)
Sub-Subject Description: Alexander Lebedev (Russian Orthodox Businessman):
- The Russian oligarch and Businessman Alexander Yevgenievich Lebedev (1959, Russia) is one of the richest Russians (3.1 billion dollars).
- Lebedev is the largest owner of Novaya Gazeta, one of the most influential
newspapers of the Russian Federation; he is also the owner of four newspapers in the United Kingdom.
- Alexander Lebedev is considered the leader of Russian independent journalism and free press.
- A. Lebedev is Christian Orthodox; he is an active contributor to the Russian Orthodox Church, cooperating in humanitarian and cultural activities of the Church.
- Mr Lebedev worked at KGB until 1992 when he founded the “Investment and Finance Company of Russia.” Only
two banks survived the financial
crisis of 98, the Bank of Lebedev was one of them.
The main assets of the National Reserve Bank:
- 20% of Aeroflot (Russian national airline)
- 44% of Ilyushin Finance Co. (aviation industry)
- A significant part of Sberbank, Gazprom, RAO UES.
- He also controls the Ukrainian Bank Energo.
A. Lebedev was a member of the Russian Parliament, was the author of the gambling prohibition bill.
- Alexander Lebedev is the President of Charitable Reserve Foundation. He participated in the foundation of the Raisa Gorbachev
- In 2010, Mikhail Gorbachev (former President of Russia) and Alexander Lebedev founded the forum “Civil Dialogue.”
- In 1982, Alexander Lebedev wrote his thesis about “Troubles of foreign debt and opportunities of Globalisation.”
Economic Area of the Orthodox Civilisation.
Religions and business