Sub-subject: Vladimir Potanin (Russian Philanthropist). Syllabus:
- Vladimir Potanin (Russian Orthodox Businessperson and Philanthropist)
- The Interros group
- The Vladimir Potanin Foundation
- Adhesion to the Giving pledge (Bill Gates)
Sample of the Sub-subject: Vladimir Potanin (Russian Orthodox)
Sub-Subject Description: Vladimir Potanin (Russian Businessperson):
- The Russian Businessperson and philanthropist Vladimir Potanin (1961, Moscow -
Russia) studied International Economic Relations in Moscow.
- Between 1983 and 1990 he worked as a specialist in the Russian Ministry of International Trade.
- In 1990, he founded Interros Foreign Trade Association.
- In 1993, he was the President of the UNEXIM Bank (United Export-Import Bank).
- With total assets of near 15 billion dollars, Interros, presided by
Vladimir Putanin, has become of the largest investment enterprises in the Russian Federation, the company has inversions in property (real estate), mining, logistics, tourism, Media, and Metals.
- Interros has an excellent reputation in the Russian
Federation, where the company invests the 80% of his portfolio.
- In 2008, Vladimir Potanin became the only holder of Interros.
- In 2012, became Director of MMC Norilsk Nickel.
- Mr Potanin is one of the largest philanthropists in the World, in 1999 he created the Vladimir Putin Foundation, mainly focused on culture (he donated 5 million dollars to the Hermitage Museum) and education (he donated 6.5 million dollars to MGIMO-University of Moscow), his foundation is one of the largest in the Russian Federation.
- In 2010, he pledged to donate most of his fortune to philanthropic causes.
- In 2013, Mr Vladimir Potanin joined the
Giving Pledge (Bill Gates and Warren Buffett).
- Mr Vladimir Potanin is Christian Orthodox; he has received the Order of St. Prince Vladimir Equal-to-the-Apostles, gold Order of the Apostle Paul (Cyprus)
Economic Area of the Orthodox Civilisation.
Religions, ethics, and business