Othman Benjelloun (Businessperson, Morocco)
EENI - Business School.
Sub-subject: Othman Benjelloun (Moroccan Businessperson. Muslim). Syllabus:
- The Muslim Moroccan Businessperson Othman Benjelloun (the richest men in Morocco).
- The BMCE Bank
- The Insurance company Al Wataniya
Sample of the Sub-subject: Othman Benjelloun (Morocco):
Sub-Subject Description: Othman Benjelloun (Moroccan Businessperson):
- The Moroccan Muslim Businessperson
Othman Benjelloun was born in 1931 in Fez (Morocco).
- He has a fortune estimated at 3,100 million dollars (2013), Benjelloun is the richest man in Morocco (Maghreb) and the seventh richest in Africa.
- Othman Benjelloun is the son of Haj Abbas Benjelloun, a rich “Fassi” who made his fortune during the French protectorate.
- Othman Benjelloun is also the President of Meditelecom (an alliance with Telefonica of Spain and Portugal Telecom).
He also bought the insurance company Al Wataniya for 300 million Euros and the Moroccan Royal Insurance.
- In 1995, Benjelloun founded the Moroccan Foreign Trade Bank; today rebranded as BMCE Bank with subsidiaries in twelve African countries
- Othman Benjelloun is expanding its overseas investments, recently
acquired 35% of Bank of Africa (third largest banking group in the Economic and Monetary Union of West Africa)
- Aziz Akhannouch sits on the Board of the BMCE
The African Businessperson Othman Benjelloun belongs to the Maghrebian Economic Area (Islamic Civilisation
and African Civilisation).
Religions and Global Trade - Islam in Africa